Currently, Vietnam has been named “the Undiscovered Golf Destination of the World” by the International Association of Golf Travel Operators (IAGTO). With fascinating culture and favorable weather all year round, this country is attracting more and more golfers to come and play. The reasonable price is also an addition to Vietnam’s golf tourism development. So, how much is a golf round in Vietnam & what are the actual costs you have to pay for a trip to Vietnam? Let’s delve into the Vietnam golf price in the following article.
Green Fees in Vietnam
According to some statistics, the average green fee in Vietnam ranges from $70 to $150, depending on the playing time, course location & facilities. Weekend green fees are always higher than those of weekdays. If you visit and play golf in Vietnam during the Tet holiday, you may have to thrice more than usual. Apart from fixed green fees, taxes and tips for caddies are sometimes required. If you are lucky to find promotions, you can cut down the cost a little bit.
Below are the green fees of the most famous golf courses in Vietnam. The price is for an 18-hole round, including green fees, caddie fees, and shared golf carts.
|Name||Weekdays||Weekends||Book Tee Time|
|Long Bien Golf Course||$100-135||$150-170||Book tee time now|
|BRG Kings Island – Kings Course||$145||$185||Book tee time now|
|Ba Na Hills Golf Club||$135-150||$175-200||Book tee time now|
|Hoiana Shores Golf Club||$135||$155||Book tee time now|
|Montgomerie Links Vietnam||$135||$155||Book tee time now|
|Vietnam Golf & Country Club||$105||$150||Book tee time now|
|Long Thanh Golf Club||$110||$130||Book tee time now|
Additional Costs of a Vietnam Golf Trip
Not only green fees, Vietnam golf price is made up of other expenses such as accommodation, land transportation, etc.
Vietnam offers a diverse range of accommodations, from cheap homestays to high-end resorts. The most popular choice for golfers in Vietnam is the hotel which can be found anywhere in the country. In big cities like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, etc. you can find luxury hotels with modern facilities, 5-star services, etc. These hotels may cost up to $100 per night. Cheaper hotels require from $40-70.
If you visit Phu Quoc, Da Nang, Nha Trang, etc. and your budget allows, you can stay at 5-star or beachfront hotels and resorts, which are around $150-200 per night.
To move between cities and provinces in Vietnam, taking a flight is the cheapest and most convenient way. A domestic flight in Vietnam will cost around $35-80.
Motorbike is a popular means of transportation within a city in Vietnam; however, it is not convenient for you as a golfer due to the heavy club. So, opt for a taxi or a private car. If you have golf in Vietnam several times, you can call for a taxi directly on the road or download Vietnam travel apps such as Grab, and Be to book a vehicle. For first-time visitors to Vietnam, it is best to rent a private car with a driver to guarantee your safety against hectic traffic and unforeseen situations on the road.
Dining in Vietnam
When it comes to your food expenses, it’s essential to recognize that your approach need not be rigidly black-and-white. Rather, you can adopt a flexible strategy that accommodates a mix of high-end dining experiences at top restaurants along with savoring delectable yet healthful street food options throughout your time in Vietnam. This savvy tactic enables you to manage your Vietnam golf price effectively.
It’s worth noting that the flavor profiles and ingredients in Vietnamese cuisine diverge significantly based on the region you’re exploring. This variance arises from distinct cultural influences, climatic conditions, income disparities, and ingredient availability. Indulge in the irresistible Bánh mì, a locally inspired baguette sandwich, or relish the flavorful phở, a nourishing broth-based soup enriched with local produce and rice noodles.
- Street Vendors and Culinary Delights: Allocate around $10 to $15 per day for street food indulgence. Anticipate each street meal to fall within the range of $3 to $5, contingent on the ingredients and locale. Contrary to assumptions, the phrase “hygienic and delicious street food” resonates well in Vietnam, where vendors typically uphold cleanliness and deliver scrumptious offerings.
- Casual Dining Establishments: If your preference is to dine at relaxed sit-down eateries for each meal, earmark a daily budget of $15 to $30. Generally, a satisfying meal at an air-conditioned casual restaurant falls between $5 to $10.
- Fine Culinary Experiences: Should you be seeking a luxurious culinary escapade with no qualms about splurging, prepare to allocate $60 to over $200 daily. This investment grants you the opportunity to relish lavish feasts fit for royalty. A sumptuous steak dinner accompanied by fine wine or an exquisite French dining encounter could carry a price tag exceeding $200 per meal, reminiscent of Western fine dining.
- Sweets, Snacks, and Libations: For non-alcoholic beverages such as coffee, tea, fruit juices, bottled water, and delightful local confections, expect each drink to cost roughly $0.30 to $0.80. The array of enticing snacks and sweets awaiting you in Vietnam spans in price from approximately $0.90 to $2, delivering a diverse palette of delectable options.
Activities other than Golf
Now, let’s dive into the exciting realm of events, excursions, and activities. If you’re seeking thrills and adventure, rest assured that Vietnam has a plethora of options to cater to your desires. On the other hand, if you’re inclined towards immersing yourself in the local culture and history at a leisurely pace, there’s also a rich tapestry awaiting you. Your expenditure on activities during your Vietnam vacation hinges entirely on your personal preferences and how much you’re willing to invest.
The diverse landscape and captivating local attractions allow for a balanced approach to managing your expenses while enjoying the wonders of Vietnam. Simultaneously, you have the opportunity to partake in various tours and activities that might incur a higher cost. Here are some of the most sought-after attractions, offering insights into the potential daily spending based on your interests.
- Day Trip to Ha Long Bay: Expect an average of $40, contingent on the tour provider. This experience grants access to an amusement park, enthralling cave tours, kayaking ventures, and an array of exciting activities.
- Mekong Delta Exploration: Immerse yourself in the vibrant scene of floating markets, abundant fruit, and succulent seafood. This experience is accessible at no cost, allowing you to absorb the local culture with ease.
- Cu Chi Tunnels in Ho Chi Minh City: Explore a significant historical site at a fee of around $20 per person. These tunnels, painstakingly dug by hand during the war, offer a poignant glimpse into the past.
- Sapa Rice Terrace Expedition: Traverse one of the most stunning landscapes on the continent with group tours averaging approximately $30 per person.
Tips to Cut Down on Vietnam Golf Price
Choose the Right Time
In general, green fees in Vietnam are less expensive in the low season due to unfavorable weather conditions. If you can bear the scorching summer, rainy days, etc. opt for this time to cut down on the cost. Low golf season in Hanoi & North Vietnam is from March to September, the Central region (Da Nang, Nha Trang, etc.) is from April to November, while Ho Chi Minh City & South Vietnam witness less crowded courses from April to September.
Weekday fees are also lower than those of weekends, as you can see in the above table. Furthermore, it is cheaper to play night golf in Vietnam. However, it does not mean that you should wait until midnight to play golf. Just plan to play after 4 pm and you will enjoy a more favorable price.
Choose a Suitable Golf Course
Most often, luxurious golf resorts, those near the city center, or ones designed by famous golf architects are costly. So, you can get access to the less famous ones. Lesser known does not mean a less captivating golf experience. For instance, if you find the BRG Kings’ Island Golf Resort (Kings Course), which is in close proximity to Hanoi, too expensive (nearly $200 per round), you can opt for Viet Yen Golf Club in Yen Bai Province (about 2-hour drive from Hanoi) with a green fee of around $125 only.
Bring Your Own Golf Balls
Navigating unfamiliar golf courses can be tough on your supply of golf balls. For regular golfers, the expenditure can add up, with an estimated $30 to $50 worth of balls often finding their way into water hazards by the time the round is through (assuming you manage to reach the final hole at all). Unfavorable weather conditions, such as excessive dew or strong winds, can also lead your shots astray, potentially directing them toward the peaceful waters.
However, the blow of losing balls might not be so painful if they’re recycled ones. While premium golf balls enhance the playing experience, considering our budget-conscious golf trip, opting for refurbished balls is a viable alternative.
To mitigate this, it’s advisable to bring along a sufficient stash of recycled golf balls. This approach can save you from depleting multiple sleeves of balls in a single day, ensuring your budget stays intact.
Book with a Trusted Golf Travel Agency
Consulting a reputable golf tour company is a prudent choice. These experts are well-versed in the field and attuned to your requirements. They will offer guidance and recommend courses that align with your preferences and financial situation.
Furthermore, opting for a package tour grants you access to comprehensive details. These encompass various aspects, ranging from tour duration to itemized costs (such as accommodation, golf fees, and transportation) as well as specified inclusions. With a reliable golf tour company at your side, you can rest assured knowing they’ll furnish you with essential information and ensure favorable exchange rates. Feeling secure yet?
Here at GolfLux, we provide an abundance of Vietnam golf packages to serve every golfer’s need. From short to long golf tours, you can opt for a 7 to 15-day golf over several big cities of Vietnam or a shorter getaway in just one city. We also provide luxury golf holidays in Vietnam with accommodation at all 5-star facilities and experience high-end recreational activities. Take these following tours for example:
- Grand Vietnam Golf Tour with Vinpearl
- Hanoi – Saigon Golf Package 12 Days
- South Vietnam Golf & Beach Relaxation in 8 Days
Now, you find yourself the answer to the question of how much it costs to golf in Vietnam. This country has everything to serve you best and your Vietnam golf price entirely depends on your personal choice.