Embarking on a family golf tour in Vietnam in 2024/2025 promises to be an extraordinary experience of golfing thrill and cultural exploration. Vietnam, with lush golf courses and diverse destinations, provides an unparalleled golfing experience amidst breathtaking landscapes. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the perfect family golf tour, highlighting the best times to visit, top golfing destinations, engaging activities for non-golfers, and essential travel tips for an unforgettable journey.
Why Golf in Vietnam?
Vietnam’s recognition as “Asia’s Best Golf Destination 2023” for the seventh consecutive year is a testament to its exceptional golfing experiences. The country offers an array of world-class golf courses designed by renowned architects, set against the backdrop of breathtaking landscapes, from serene coastlines to picturesque highlands. These courses not only provide challenging layouts for golf enthusiasts of all levels but also incorporate Vietnam’s unique cultural and natural elements, making each round a memorable experience. Additionally, the warm hospitality, excellent facilities, and year-round favorable weather further enhance Vietnam’s appeal as a premier golf destination.
Steps to Plan a Perfect Family Golf Tour in Vietnam
Choose the Best Time to Golf
Vietnam’s golfing weather is a key factor that significantly influences the overall golfing experience. The country’s long, narrow shape and diverse geography result in a range of climates across different regions. Understanding Vietnam’s weather patterns is crucial for planning your golf trip, as it can greatly impact your enjoyment of the golf course.
In the north, which includes cities like Hanoi and Halong Bay, the climate is characterized by four distinct seasons:
- Spring (March to May): This is a popular time for golfing in northern Vietnam. The weather is generally pleasant, with mild temperatures and blooming flowers. It’s an excellent time to enjoy a round of golf without the heat or rain.
- Summer (June to August): Summer brings higher temperatures and occasional rain showers, making it a bit less ideal for golfing. The heat and humidity can be uncomfortable on the golf course, but early morning or late afternoon tee times can be enjoyable.
- Autumn (September to November): Autumn is another fantastic season for golfing in northern Vietnam. The weather is pleasant, with cooler temperatures and less rainfall. The clear skies and comfortable conditions make it a golfer’s delight.
- Winter (December to February): Winter can be chilly in the north, especially in December and January. While it’s not the best time for golf, if you can tolerate cooler weather, you might find fewer crowds on the golf courses during this period.
Cities like Da Nang and Nha Trang in central Vietnam experience different climate patterns:
- Dry Season (January to August): Central Vietnam’s dry season is excellent for golfing. From January to August, you can expect sunny skies and minimal rainfall. March to May and September to November are ideal, with pleasant temperatures and low humidity.
- Rainy Season (September to December): The rainy season can bring heavy downpours and the occasional typhoon. Golfing during this period can be challenging due to wet courses and unpredictable weather conditions.
Southern Vietnam, including Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), has a tropical monsoon climate:
- Dry Season (December to April): The dry season is the best time for golfing in southern Vietnam. The weather is warm and mostly rain-free, offering ideal conditions for golf enthusiasts. December and January can be slightly cooler, making them particularly pleasant months for golf.
- Wet Season (May to November): The wet season in the south brings heavy rains and high humidity. Golfing during this period can be less enjoyable due to the frequent rain showers and soggy fairways.
To sum up, the best time to golf in Vietnam depends on the region you plan to visit. For northern and central Vietnam, spring and autumn are prime seasons, while in the south, the dry season from December to April is the ideal time to tee off.
>>> Read more: Best Time to Visit Vietnam for a Golf Holiday
Choose Best Destinations for Family Golf Tours in Vietnam
Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, is an exquisite golfing destination where the splendid fusion of rich history and vibrant culture enthralls golf enthusiasts. The city’s charm extends far beyond its renowned golf courses, such as the prestigious BRG Kings Island Golf Resort and the scenic Sky Lake Golf Club.
What truly sets Hanoi apart is its ability to offer an all-encompassing experience for golfers and their families. Beyond the lush greens, non-golfing companions can wander through the historic Old Quarter, where ancient traditions come alive in bustling markets, serene temples, and winding alleyways. The serene Hoan Kiem Lake provides tranquil moments, and the city’s lively street food scene is a gastronomic delight. From Hanoi, you can also embark on a day tour to Ninh Binh or Ha Long Bay – a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Vietnam.
- Best golf courses in Hanoi and its surroundings: BRG Kings Island Golf Resort, Sky Lake Golf Club, Heron Lake Golf Club, Thanh Lanh Golf Club, FLC Ha Long Bay Golf Club, Chi Linh Star Golf & Country Club, etc.
- Activities for non-golfers: Non-golfing family members can immerse themselves in Hanoi’s vibrant culture by visiting the historic Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex, etc. A little further is Ninh Binh province with lots of historical and natural spots, Ha Long Bay, Mai Chau, etc. These destinations are possible for a day trip from Hanoi.
Taking this advantage, in March 2024, GolfLux will host a special event for golfers who want to travel with their families while still satisfying their passion for golf. This event, named Vietnam Tourism Open 2024, is organized in cooperation with the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism to promote the country’s golf tourism industry and further enhance its title of Asia’s best golf destination for the 7th consecutive time. It will take place at three best golf courses in Hanoi, including Heron Lake Golf Club, Thanh Lanh Golf Club, and FLC Ha Long Bay Golf Club. While golfers are on the course, accompanying nonplayers will join our planned day tours to discover Ha Long Bay, Ninh Binh, and Hanoi City Center. Accommodation is set up at the 5-star Hanoi Daewoo Hotel and FLC Ha Long Bay Luxury Resort, where the welcome and award dinner will be served. For the detailed tour itinerary, please check its official website.
Da Nang emerges as an irresistible golfing haven in Vietnam, where the allure of world-class golf courses harmonizes with breathtaking natural beauty and cultural gems. Golf enthusiasts flock to Da Nang to tee off on renowned courses like Montgomerie Links and Laguna Golf Lang Co, set against captivating coastal landscapes.
What makes Da Nang truly exceptional is the plethora of experiences it offers. Non-golfing family members can revel in the golden sands of My Khe Beach, explore the enchanting Marble Mountains, or embark on a captivating day trip to Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for shopping and cultural immersion. Da Nang’s perfect blend of golf, pristine beaches, and cultural treasures ensures an enriching experience for every family member, making it a magnetic choice for family golf tours in Vietnam.
- Best golf courses in Da Nang: Montgomerie Links, BRG Da Nang Golf Club, Laguna Golf Lang Co, Ba Na Hills Golf Club, BRG Da Nang Golf Resort, etc.
- Activities for non-golfers: Non-golfers can unwind on the golden sands of My Khe Beach, explore the mystical Marble Mountains, or take a day trip to the enchanting town of Hoi An for shopping and cultural immersion.
- Montgomerie Links Da Nang Stay & Play Package
- Da Nang Golf Packages 4 Days
- 9 Days Golf in Hanoi – Da Nang
Nha Trang is also a wonderful destination for a family golf tour in Vietnam, featuring stunning coastal scenery and top-notch golf courses. It captivates travelers with the pleasures of the fairways blend seamlessly with beachside relaxation and exhilarating water adventures.
- Best golf courses in Nha Trang: Vinpearl Golf Nha Trang, Diamond Bay Golf & Villas, and KN Golf Links.
- Activities for non-golfers: While golfers enjoy their rounds, non-golfing family members can explore Nha Trang’s stunning beaches, indulge in thrills at the Vinpearl Amusement Park, or embark on island-hopping adventures for snorkeling and water activities.
You may like:
- Nha Trang Golf Package 3 Days
- 7 Days Golf in Nha Trang – Ho Chi Minh City
- 10 Days Golf in Nha Trang – Da Nang – Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
Ho Chi Minh City stands as a dynamic golf destination where the vibrant cityscape converges with golfing delights. Not to mention convenient transportation and high-end accommodation, the city offers an abundance of things to do for both nature and culture lovers. The lush golf course, colorful markets, mouth-watering local dishes, and vibrant community will surely make you love this city.
- Best golf courses in Ho Chi Minh City: Song Be Golf Resort, Vietnam Golf & Country Club, Tan Son Nhat Golf Course, Saigon South Golf Club, etc. From here, you can also get to Ba Ria Vung Tau province (about a 2-hour drive) for a game at The Bluffs Ho Tram Strip – Vietnam’s best golf course 2023 by the World Golf Awards.
- Activities for non-golfers: Visit Cu Chi Tunnels, Independence Palace, War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, etc.; explore vibrant markets; savor the diverse culinary offerings of the city; and so on.
Suggested tour itineraries:
- Ho Chi Minh City Golf Packages 3 Days
- 7 Days Golf in Hanoi – Saigon
- 10 Days Golf in Saigon – Da Lat – Phan Thiet
Apply for a Vietnam Visa
According to the new updated Vietnam visa policies in effect from August 15th, 2023, citizens from more than 20 countries in the world can enjoy a visa exemption while others can apply for an E-visa, which is valid for 90 days instead of 30 days as before.
Just count on the duration of your family golf tour in Vietnam and your nationality to decide whether you enjoy an exemption policy or not. In case the answer is no, just follow these steps to apply for an E-visa:
- Step 1: Prepare documents, including a 4×6 passport photo, valid passport, jpg images of your passport data, temporary address in Vietnam, points of entry & exit, and debit/credit card for payment of visa fee.
- Step 2: Enter the website of the Immigration Department of Vietnam, choose “E-visa Issuance” and then click “Outside Vietnam foreigners.”
- Step 3: Upload your .jpg photos and fill in all the required information.
- Step 4: Pay the 25 USD visa fee.
- Step 5: Copy the document code which will be used to allocate your visa online after 3 working days. Download and print it out (at least 2 copies for safety).
Is It Expensive to Golf in Vietnam?
Golfing in Vietnam is relatively affordable compared to many Western countries, with green fees often ranging from $50 to $150, depending on the course’s prestige. This affordability makes Vietnam an attractive destination for family golf tours.
>>> For detailed Vietnam golfing prices and tips to budget your family golf trip in Vietnam, please check out our article here.
In summary, a family golf tour in Vietnam promises an unforgettable journey filled with golfing excitement and cultural exploration. With the best destinations, engaging activities for everyone, and essential travel tips in mind, you’re well-prepared to embark on a remarkable golf adventure in the enchanting landscapes of Vietnam, creating cherished memories with your loved ones. Check out our Vietnam golf tours for some suggested itineraries or contact us right now for a tailor-made tour program.